Thursday, April 14, 2011

Jack's Hairstyling on Brighton Beach Avenue

today
by jackszwergold @ flickr


Jack's Hairstyling for Men has left its spot at 1103 Brighton Beach Avenue.  I had seen the dumpster out front yesterday and wrongly assumed that it was for Odessa since that place has been closed for so long. (Although in retrospect that would not have made sense to locate the dumpster so far from the restaurant. Too far a distance to carry debris.)

The sign out front says they have moved to the block where Tiffany Fruit Store used to be.  I hope they took their old signage.*  I loved it.

Interesting discovery underneath: "Special Attention Given To"...who?

That's the second vintage barber shop sign we've lost in the past year I think.  The other was on Avenue Z.

I bet the reason was the building requested an unaffordable rent increase, just like they did to Green Farm, the fruit store that was right next to it.

(*update. After posting this, I noted that they have vinyl sign at the new location.)

No comments:

Post a Comment